CA PROP 65
Proposition 65, officially known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986, was enacted as a ballot initiative in November 1986. The proposition protects the state’s drinking water sources from being contaminated with chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm, and requires businesses to inform Californians about exposures to such chemicals.
Proposition 65 requires the state to maintain and update a list of chemicals known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity. To learn more about this important legislation, please click the following link: https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65
For information on WARNINGS, please click the following link:
For information on the current list of chemicals, please click the following link:
Duke Manufacturing Company
Duke Manufacturing Company takes it’s obligation to properly report to our customers very seriously. We continue to work with our Supply Chain Partners to obtain detailed information on our purchased components used in our Finished Goods so that we can accurately report appropriate Long-Form Warnings for specific products. For Long-Form Warnings, please see below:
- Refigerating appliances may contain Brass Valves or Fittings of which could contain LEAD.
- Freezer appliances may contain Brass Valves or Fittings of which could contain LEAD.
- Gas Heated appliances may contain Brass Valves or Fittings of which could contain LEAD.
- All Electric Appliances containing a power supply cord may contain Phthalates.
- Sneeze Guards and Canopies manufactured of Acrylic, Polycarbonate, or Lexan may contain Phthalates.
- Appliances with some Poly Carving Boards, Laminates and Decor Panels, Mylar Overlays, Plastic Control Knobs, or LED Lighting Accessories may contain Phthalates.
- Gas or Electric Baking Ovens while in use form a skin on the food product that could contain Acrylamide.
- Gas Baking Ovens, Food Warmers, Broilers, or Wet Bath units can emit Carbon Monoxide during operation. If located in a small area without proper ventilation you can be exposed to Carbon Monoxide.
Should you require additional information relating to a specific Duke Manufacturing Company model or component, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-735-3853 and submit your request to the Compliance Department.